Unisoy makes the world’s most delicious vegan jerky! It’s chewy, flavorful and totally snackable. But the Vegan Strong team wanted to find a way to use it in a recipe and this vegan jerky friend rice is unbelievably delicious. This meal is a great blend of healthy carbs, fats, and proteins that is packed full of flavor. This dish comes together in under twenty minutes and is a perfect dinner for any night.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the sesame oil and minced garlic, stirring frequently for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped Unisoy jerky to the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes until browned.
- Add the diced carrots, bell pepper, and frozen peas to the skillet and continue cooking for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the chilled brown rice, soy sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the rice is heated through.
- Push the rice mixture to one side of the skillet and add the silken tofu to the other side. Scramble the tofu until fully cooked, then mix them into the rice mixture.
- Stir in the chopped green onions and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve hot and enjoy your healthy jerky fried rice!